Feeling Maldita

Yes, I'm just another blogger. Yes, I am a middle-aged, feeling-bitchy-because-she's-bloaty woman. Yes, I am feeling old. But I still need to express ME. So there.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So I'm 49. So, I am perimenopausal. So what???

I am feeling really blah today and there's no one to talk to. Well, there's the husband...but what the heck does he know about estrogen and the wild mood-swings of a woman in her late 40's? There are my girlfriends, but they'll nag me to get a hysterectomy. And then, there's writing. Just writing for me. I don't know if anyone will get to read this. I don't know if anyone will care. But writing about how I feel is good. It makes me feel better. Especially on days when I am feeling blah, and I have no one to talk to.

I don't think I'm a good writer. I just want to write because it's cathartic. If anyone is reading...well, okay. If no one is reading but just me, well, that's fine too. I just need to get some things off my chest. And having a blog is one way of doing it.

I'm 49 -- I have my myomas, which makes me a great candidate for surgery. But my OB Gynecologist, bless her soul, is a wonderful woman, who is willing to see me through menopause. You see, when my eggs finally runs out, my myomas will shrink and then, I will no longer need surgery. So for me, it's "hooray" to menopause.

Menopause. What a horrible word for some women. It's when you turn old and gray. When you become dry all over. When you itch, all over. When you feel weepy all the time. When you feel bloaty -- all the time. It's a difficult time to be a woman when you're menopausing. It really is hard. Try it.

So, I'm 49, I am peri-menopausing, I am depressed half the time and I am on this great and wonderful journey called mid-life.

So, what?



No comments:

Post a Comment